There are two types of communication: internal and external. Internal communication is generally considered to be either self-reflection or thoughts about the external world. External communication indicates an idea that is written, spoken, and/or expressed through body language. This post presents an example of how the combination of internal and external communication can greatly improve the recovery process.
What we see in the following 19-minute video is a fantastic example of how the combination of internal thoughts and external communication can transform a broken body into a happy life. Some people use the statement that “things will never be the same” as their justification for isolation, unemployment, and depresion. Other people use the same statement as motivation to reinvent themselves and determine what they are capable of doing.
- How do you eliminate Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)?
- How do you communicate your needs when the people around you have different thoughts about your needs?
- How do you communicate your abilities when other people doubt your abilities?
- What are the benefits of using written communication rather than verbal or body language when setting goals?
- What are the benefits of using written communication rather than internal thoughts when setting goals?