The following article was written by Marc and Angel Chernoff, and appeared on their website “Marc and Angel Hack Life.” The post mentions a book written by Marc and Angel. I have not purchased or read the book yet. This post is not a review of their book. I chose to refer to their article because I enjoy reading their posts and I thought you might too. I have not, and will not, receive any compensation for sharing their article or mentioning their book.
Article written by Marc and Angel
A change in bad habits leads to a good change in life . . . Here are seven bad habits many of us repeatedly struggle with:
1. Mulling over past hardships. – You’ll never see the great things ahead of you if you keep looking at the bad things behind you. You are exactly where you need to be to reach your goals. Everything you’ve been through was preparation for where you are right now and where you can be tomorrow.
2. Holding on to things you need to let go of. – Letting go doesn’t mean giving up, but rather accepting that there are things in life that should not be. Sometimes letting go is what makes us stronger, happier and more successful in the long run.
3. Letting one dark cloud cover the entire sky. – Take a deep breath. It’s just a bad moment, or a bad day, not a bad life. Everyone has troubles. Everyone makes mistakes. The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.
4. Spending time with people who make you unhappy. – People can be cruel, and sometimes they will be. People can hurt you and break your heart, and sometimes they will. But only YOU can allow them to continuously hurt you. Value yourself enough to choose to spend time with people who treat you the way you treat them. Know your worth. Know when you have had enough. And move on from the people who keep chipping away at your happiness.
5. Not making time for those who matter most. – Too often we don’t realize what we have until it’s gone. Appreciate what you have, who loves you and who cares for you. You’ll never know how much they mean to you until the day they are no longer beside you.
6. Discrediting yourself for everything you aren’t. – STOP discrediting yourself for everything you aren’t. START giving yourself credit for everything that you are.
7. Giving up who YOU are. – Remove yourself from any situation that requires you to give up any one of these three things: 1) Who you are. 2) What you stand for. 3) The goals you aspire to achieve..
Next steps . . . Habits like these can bleed you dry of energy and make it impossible for you to function effectively. You can’t live a happy, fulfilling life if you’re spending all your energy in the wrong ways. You can, however, make adjustments starting today that will help you feel better, think more clearly, and live a life free of these bad habits. This is precisely why we wrote our book, 1,000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently.
Click here to read another Beyond Injury post.
Thanks to Marc and Angel Chernoff who wrote the article I used in this post; Google for helping me find the picture; and all the other people who, directly or indirectly, made it possible for me to include the picture and text I used in this post.