In an article published by FamilyShare, Ben Luthi tells us “All things considered, life can be pretty rough sometimes. Adversity is no respecter of persons, but those who rise above adversity are able to recognize its role in their lives and take initiative to react to it positively. Over the last year, my life has taken some very unexpected turns.”
Ben Luthi wraps up his article by sharing some of the lessons he learned from his personal adversity, including:
- Recognize the positive role that adversity has in your life and its ability to help you grow and improve yourself.
- Stop worrying and feeling self-pity. These are negative reactions that can be toxic to your progress.
- Come closer to your spiritual self, whether it’s through scripture, prayer, meditation, yoga or whatever else. It will help expand your mind and acceptance.
- Focus on the problems that you can control. For the ones you can’t control — let go.
- Have hope in your future. Thomas Carlyle once wrote, “Out of the lowest depths there is a path to the loftiest heights.”
Click here to read the full article.
Thanks to Ben Luthi for sharing his thoughts; FamilyShare for using its resources to publish Luthi’s article; Google for helping me find the article; and all the other people who, directly or indirectly, made it possible for me to include the picture and text I used in this post.